Sunday, May 24, 2015

Biff the grand illusionist

 line of vision.
People who visit here have never seen him, since the sound of an unfamiliar car in the driveway has him racing to the basement to hide in the ceiling. I am sure they think that Biff is a figment of my imagination.
Yesterday, my son called to say that he and his girlfriend were coming over to show me how to use a laptop, Since he hadn’t seen Biff in about a month,(I think Shea’s big hiking boots terrify Biff)I promised that I would make sure that he got to see his elusive furry little brother.
I told them to call me when they were about five minutes away, and I would catch him and put him in our cat carrier, before he ran to hide.
They called, as instructed, and I caught him and put him in our new super deluxe carrier. This carrier is made for difficult cats, and has not one, but two doors to make transition easier. Each door has a pressure lock to keep the cat from escaping. It is very high tech as cat carriers go.
I put Biff in the carrier and then placed it on the coffee table. I went to the door to wait for Shea and Hilary. Within ten seconds Biff had made such a ruckus throwing himself against one of the doors that he managed to almost knock the carrier off the table.
I didn’t want him to hurt himself, so I placed the big heavy plastic box on the floor, and went back to my post to await my company.
Biff was no happier being in the crate on the ground and his continual slamming caused the crate to turn upside down. I went over and righted the carrier trying to soothe him with sweet words about how much Shea and Hilary loved him. He looked at me from inside with his big eyes wide in terror.
Finally they got to the house and I let them in, so pleased that finally they would be able to spend some quality time with Biff. I walked over to the carrier picked it up and when we all looked inside Biff had vanished!
All the doors of the crate were still in the locked position, there were no other ways for him to have gotten out, but he did.
We all just looked at each other, clueless as to how Biff had pulled this off.
He didn’t appear until later in the day when Shea and Hil had gone, and of course when I asked him how he had managed to pull off such a trick, he just moseyed to his bowl to wait for his supper.
I have no idea how he did what he did, but if he weren’t so timid of people, I could hire him out to birthday parties as a feline magician.
Like · Comment · 

No comments:

Post a Comment