Thursday, May 21, 2015

Bad Drivers

I’m going to use this as a writing learning piece. To see if I can describe what happened in a way you can follow along.
I Made a right turn and began to go up a hill. Halfway up two cars were stopped. One in the left lane had their right blinker on, the other in the right lane had their left blinker on. I stopped until they could figure out what they were doing. About three minutes went by, ( and no, I did not toot my horn, judging from what was going on with their cars and blinkers, I didn’t want to take a chance on any road rage people)
So finally the person in the left with the right turn blinker faked a right and then made a left u turn to go back down the hill. The car in the right with the left blinker on made a right turn.
I continued on my way. Two blocks later I was at a four way stop, near the senior housing out here.
Besides me there was already a car at the intersection. Since they were there first I waited til they moved on. Then it was my turn except that a red Toyota didn’t wait for a stop went through the four way stop and was turning directly to hit me head on. I didn’t see anyone behind the wheel. I was stopped, thank god, and really blew my horn. The car kept coming and then swerved away at the last possible second. The driver, a very elderly woman could barely be seen. I don’t know what any of these folks were thinking, but I've decided to stick close to home for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment